The Centennial Difference
What’s the primary difference between Centennial Campus and other
Proximity (as in five minute walking distance).
Proximity to world-class university researchers and equipment.
Proximity to a highly educated workforce.
Proximity to a collaborative environment that sparks innovative thinking.
There's one other differentiation.
Centennial set the standard for mixed-used university property -- property that combines lab and office space with college classrooms, living quarters and recreational opportunities.
Live. Work. Learn. Play. All in one location. Employees love it, which means employers are rewarded with a highly productive and satisfied staff. The university also benefits from intern and part-time work opportunities for students, as well as real-life opportunities for its cutting-edge science.
Centennial Campus is what innovation in the 21st Century should look like -- collaborative and collegial. But don't take our word for it. Come and visit. See for yourself what sets us apart.
In case you need more convincing, here is a complete list of the amenities and privileges our partners enjoy by being a part of the Centennial Campus community:
- Ongoing research and collaboration opportunities with more than 75 NC State departments, centers and institutes located on Centennial Campus
- Ongoing research and collaboration opportunities with every college and department at NC State
- Access to world-class, state-of-the-art laboratories and research equipment, both on Centennial Campus and throughout NC State
- Proximity to three colleges with a strong physical presence on Centennial Campus -- College of Engineering, College of Textiles, College of Veterinary Medicine, plus the College of Education's Friday Institute for Educational Innovation.
- Proximity to the Graduate School, which is located on Centennial Campus
- Ongoing partnership and liaison services with the Centennial Campus Partnership Office
- Scheduled campus-wide programs for employees, such as the Lunch and Learn series, Focus on Fitness activities, Executive Breakfast Club, and Health Works! program
- Executive conference center and hotel (coming soon)
- 75-acre lake with fishing pier and non-motorized boat launch
- Multi-purpose walking paths along restored creek
- 18-hole championship golf course
- 9-hole disc golf course
- Access to NC State libraries, gym, pool and shared conference space
- Free bus transportation around campus and throughout the Triangle
- Discounts to athletic, cultural and arts events
- Discounts to McKimmon Continuing Education Center
- Five minutes from I-40
- Five minutes from downtown Raleigh
- Twenty minutes from RTP
- Twenty minutes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Unique academic environment with a variety of colleges and universities in Triangle -- including UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke University, Peace College, Meredith College, St. Augustine's College, Shaw University, North Carolina Central University, and Wake and Durham Technical Community Colleges