Partnering at Centennial
Centennial Campus welcomes companies and organizations to become part of its research campus “community.”
How is a partnership defined?
Centennial Campus defines a “partner” as an organization or company that has a stated desire to “engage in appropriate and meaningful ways with the University.” In other words, corporate and government partners seek robust and mutually beneficial relationships with faculty and/or students, thereby adding value for both the partner and the University.
Interactions include, but are not limited to:
- Working with students (including hiring part-time, intern and recent graduates and those involved in senior projects)
- Working with faculty (either in a formal or informal capacity)
- Lab or equipment sharing
- Curriculum input
- Sponsored research
- Co-development of intellectual assets
- Patent licenses
- Guest speaking and adjunct faculty engagements
To facilitate partnering, these questions are asked:
- Do your activities align with the academic and/or research activities of NC State University?
- Do you have an existing relationship with NCSU? If not, do you intend to have one and what will that entail?